At UBC, government student loan assistance might be available to you personally.
How exactly to use
- Apply on line through StudentAid BC (SABC) to be looked at both for federal and loans that are provincial funds.
- Look at the Course Load help Guide to make certain you’re using sufficient credits to qualify for a loan.
- Complete your student that is online loan at least 8 weeks before classes start to receive your financing at the start of the term.
- Submit the Master scholar Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) in prompt way if you’re obtaining a student-based loan when it comes to very first time. A submission that is late wait your loan.
BC residency requirement
Pupils are categorized either as Dependent or Independent to ascertain residency and need that is financial.
Students are thought become determined by a monetary sponsor, such as for example their parent(s), unless they meet a minumum of one of the requirements for separate status as defined below.
Pupils are believed separate when they meet a minumum of one of the criteria that are following
- Are hitched regarding the very first day’s classes, or are divided, divorced, widowed, a moms and dad or perhaps a parent that is single.
- Have already been away from secondary school for four years (48 months) at the time of the very first day’s classes.
- Have invested two durations of 12 consecutive months each into the full-time labor pool (at the least 32 hours each week) whilst not simultaneously being truly a full-time student getting financing through the Canada figuratively speaking Program.
- Don’t have any moms and dads (e.g. […]